Thursday 23 September 2010

No blogs for a while

Early this week I lost the network connection to my room, so I must use a shared PC in the student Pool.  It's terribly slow, and riddled with viruses, so I reluctantly must defer future Blog submissions.  I may be able to get the connection repaired, but that didn't sound likely, or I may be able to prepare submissions on the laptop and walk it into the office of the IT manager and use his connection.  Possible, but not at all convenient. 

Just a quick update.  Last Friday I flew to Jogjakarta in Central Java where I again met my friend Edih Suwadji, whom I last saw in Adelaide in February 1974.  With his son Denny we visited several places, but the highlight was the 8th century temple complex called "Borobudur".  Find it on Wiki - it's the Indonesian equivalent of Angkor Wat.  In Adelaide in 1973 we used to say "One day - Borobudur".  Well, it finally happened.  I returned to the College on Monday morning.

Next post will be ?????

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul.
    What I did when the connection failed was to use the connection in the room next door. I brought it in under the connecting door, the cable is long enough to do that. Of course, you will have to get someone to open the room for you, but that shouldn't be a problem. Have a great holiday. Regards, Maureen

    ReplyDelete