Tuesday 27 August 2013

Talk fest

This is just a brief report to say "I'm still here!"  Actually I'm not in my usual "here" (Bali) but far away. On Sunday 25/8/13 I travelled from Bali to Palembang in southern Sumatra with the University debating team and accompanying staff. 

It was a long and tiring day. We left campus at 4:30 am, had a 2hr flight then a 4 hour transit stop in Jakarta, a 1 hr flight then a long delay at the airport. We had just missed a delegates bus to the hosting university and had to wait for the next one. 

I had my photo taken with the traditional dancers and met some of the officials as we waited for the Opening Ceremony to begin. It was a long day with "waiting" being the main activity. We were all exhausted by the time we got to our small hotel at about 10 pm. 



Paul in Bali
At 7th National University Debating Championship
Palembang
Politeknik Negari Sriwijaya
Sumatra Selatan
Indonesia
(Sent from iPhone)


No comments:

Post a Comment