Saturday 31 July 2010

Flight to Bali

Yesterday I caught PacificBlue (operated by VirginBlue) Flight DJ4195 from Adelaide to Bali. My aircraft was a Boeing B737-800 with registration number VH-VUF "Hobart Honey". I've travelled on several VB aircraft but not before in Hobart Honey's embrace.
The "Hobart Honey"

Luggage checkin went smoothly and I made good use of all the additional baggage allowance granted me by VirginBlue (again - thankyou).

The flight got away about 10 minutes late as a passenger loading his duty free liquor purchase into the overhead locker managed to break a 1 litre bottle. Cabin crew removed a saturated laptop bag (explain to your boss why your company laptop drowned in gin or vodka), other pieces of luggage and the broken bottle and tried to mop up the liquid before it spread further. The air in the cabin was quite heady as cleanup work progressed.

After that delay we took off across the city and turned north west for a smooth flight to Bali.

After clearing Immigration and Customs I left the terminal building and was met by a driver from the college who took me through crowded roads filled with new sights to the college.

Paul in Bali

Double click this link to see more pictures in the Web Album:  https://picasaweb.google.com/110038041647560744460/AdelaideToCollege#


No comments:

Post a Comment